This year has been an absolute whirlwind. It was a year of new adventures and focusing on our dreams.
So much has changed since 2014 began. Jobs were quit, this blog was created, we spent three months backpacking in South America, and moved overseas. We met some of the most incredible people and encountered all kinds of beauty on our journey.
If 2015 is anything like this year, it will be crazy, scary, and one of the best years of our lives.
2014 has changed me in ways I cannot even begin to express, but here are a couple of the lessons we’ve learned along the way:
1. The best way to grow as a couple is to get out of your comfort zone. Go somewhere or do something completely new for both of you. It will force you to completely rely on each other and find new things to love.
2. Explosives and alcohol aren’t always a bad combination.
3. There truly is more good in this world than bad, and people are worth trusting.
4. Sometimes your biggest dreams just require you to “jump”.
5. Holidays spent in another country can actually become the most memorable ones.
6. Mixing soju with beer makes it easier to drink. Trust me.
7. Even though there are many miles between us, things will never change with family and good friends. And the technology that keeps us connected is beyond incredible.
8. Life is better and simpler with fewer possessions.
9. One thing I will never regret purchasing is a flight.
10. The best memories are not had in front of famous landmarks, but rather in unexpected places. Like a farm in the middle of the Andes.
11. Hitchhiking can actually be a sensible mode of transportation.
12. After sleeping in countless beds, there is nothing quite like a night spent in your own.
13. Piranhas taste like sunfish.
14. Don’t worry too much about money. Finances have a way of working themselves out. If there is something you really want to do, do it. You might not get the chance again, and regret is hard to live with.