Guest Post Submission
Are you interested in writing an article on our website? We’d love to hear from you, but first let’s talk details...
We get many inquiries each day with people interested in writing guest posts, and we are very selective with which posts we accept.
We're looking for guest posts that will be inspiring or helpful to our readers. If you have an idea in mind, keep reading to see our guest post submission process, and fully fill out the form below.
Note: We do not accept guest posts from companies trying to promote their product or service. If you are interested in promoting a product or service, submit a form on our Work With Us page and we can talk about a potential partnership (which is different than a guest post).
Without submitting this form, we will not consider your guest post.
- First, come up with an idea (or a few!) and pitch them to us by filling out the form below.
- Please read first!!! We generally do not accept pitches on topics we have already written about or places we have already covered. Familiarize yourself with our website and pitch a unique idea. (Either a place we have not yet visited, or a topic that you have a unique perspective on.) For example, we have written a lot about traveling in Vietnam, but if you lived there we would be interested in an article about expat life in Vietnam. Likewise, we have written a great amount on budget travel. But if you are a parent trying to travel on a budget, that is a different perspective and would be an appropriate pitch.
- Your pitch must be unique and not published anywhere else on the Internet.
- Wait for our response. We will try our best to get back to you within a week. We will let you know if we’re interested in your pitch. (If it is approved, you will follow steps #3 - #7).
- If we are interested in your article idea, we will give you a few pointers about what to focus on. We'll also set a deadline based off of what you indicated in your submission form.
- When you are finished with your article, you will send us the following: *PLEASE READ CAREFULLY*
- Draft that is free of spelling and grammatical errors.
- At least 3 quality and original* photographs that have been resized to a width of 1500 pixels. (We would like for the majority of your photos to be HORIZONTAL.) *These must be photos YOU have taken. We don't accept stock photos.
- A headshot of yourself along with a short bio and a link to your website (if applicable).
- We will send back any overall edits we’d like made.
- Once your final draft is submitted, we will let you know the publishing date.
- We’d appreciate if you share on your website or social media (though this is not a requirement).