As we sit in the airport, ready to leave Cartagena, we can’t help but be a little bummed we have to leave this beautiful city. Our time here has been amazing, and we have truly fallen in love with this city of brightly colored buildings, delicious food, and amazingly kind people who have so much pride for their home.
Our week in Cartagena by the numbers:
- 5 days of Spanish lessons
- 1 castle explored
- 5 different tropical juices drank (My favorite? Lulo con leche. In.Fricken.Credible.)
- 1 mud volcano bathed in
- 3 beaches visited
- 1 dress bought at a supermarket
- 2 “routine” pat downs by the police
- 1 massage on the beach
- 4 days of sunburns
- 2 hostels slept in
- Many cervesas drank, countless pictures taken, muchos Spanish phrases learned, far more arepas than a human should eat were consumed, lots of travelers met, and one unforgettable city explored.